We decided to eat at every restaurant in Astoria. Why? Because, like Everest, they are there? Maybe. Or perhaps it remains a mystery, even to ourselves.
These are the ground rules:
1. For the purposes of this exercise, Astoria is defined as the area bounded by 21st Street to the west, 20th Avenue to the north, 48th Street to the east, and the combination of Northern Boulevard and 36th Avenue to the south.
View Larger Map
2. Only establishments with tables at which patrons can eat on the premises will be included.
3. Only two Chinese restaurants per subsection of the neighborhood will qualify for inclusion. We are, after all, only human.
4. No restaurants that are part of national chains will be included.
5. The meal need not be a full dinner -- breakfast, lunch, and snacks count.
Recommendations are welcome.